Host a Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraiser to benefit Wishing Star. Please read through our guidelines and download our Fundraiser Form at the bottom of the page. Completed forms may be dropped off at the office or emailed to email@example.com.
- A proposed fundraiser must be approved by Wishing Star.
- Fundraising events must comply with all relevant local, state and federal laws.
- Wishing Star reserves the right to decline association with any person or organization when it believes that such association may have a negative effect on the image of Wishing Star.
- The third party event organizers are responsible for the planning and execution of the event, including all set-up, tear-down, promotion, staffing and / or volunteers, and liability.
- All third party events must be promoted and conducted in such a manner so as to avoid the statement or appearance of Wishing Star endorsing any product, firm, organization, or service.
- Use of Wishing Star’s logo, name and mission must be approved by Wishing Star.
- All media and public communication mentioning Wishing Star, our mission, work and logo must be approved by Wishing Star.
- Wishing Star must receive all net proceeds within thirty (30) working days of the conclusion of the event and / or promotion.
- The third party event organizers and its donors and sponsors agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wishing Star and its Trustees, employees, and volunteers from any and all claims and liabilities in any way related to the event.
- Wishing Star is not financially liable for the promotion and / or staging of the event.
- Wishing Star reserves the right to protect the privacy of its clients, donors, volunteers, staff, and all others affiliated with Wishing Star.
- Wishing Star must review and approve all promotional materials (including but not limited to letters, brochures, press releases, flyers, and advertising) prior to distribution.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds or portion of ticket price that will be donated to Wishing Star.
- Only the final net proceeds will be processed by Wishing Star. Under no circumstances will third party revenues and expenses flow through Wishing Star.
- Wishing Star does not permit the following types of fundraising in a third party context:
- Programs that raise money on commission
- Events involving the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or those which appear to endorse a political activity
- Direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, telemarketing or internet).
- Wishing Star reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time.
- If the event is cancelled or rescheduled, the organizer will notify Wishing Star as soon as possible but at least 24 hours prior to the original date of the event.
What can Wishing Star do for You?
- Provide limited existing Wishing Star promotional and educational materials for your events such as banners and brochures.
- Acknowledge your direct contribution to the Wishing Star Foundation, and provide recognition commensurate with level of giving.
- Promote your event on the Wishing Star website and/or newsletter(s).
- Provide a letter of support to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
- Provide the official Wishing Star logo for use on promotional materials.
- Wishing Star will attempt to provide, but cannot guarantee, a representative at your event.