Christmas Giving Program Wish Family Application
Each year, individuals, families, organizations and businesses generously sponsor Wish Families at Christmas time. These Christmas Sponsors understand the often considerable demands of caring for medically fragile children and the financial hardships families may endure as a result.
Through our Christmas sponsors’ generosity, the holiday season is a bit brighter for many of our Wish Families. If you feel you could use some help this holiday, we would like to extend to you a warm invitation to enroll as a 2019 Christmas Wish Family! A Christmas Wish Family is defined as the wish child, their parents (or legal guardians) and any siblings currently residing in the household.
We have a limited number of sponsors available to pair with our Wish Families, so families will be paired based on need.
Applications are due November 2nd, 2020.
Please print the application and email, fax or mail to:
Wishing Star Foundation
9 S. Washington St, Suite 420
Spokane, WA 99206
Christmas Giving Program Guidelines
1. In the event that another Christmas Giving Program is offered to you, you may not participate since you are receiving assistance from Wishing Star Foundation. Should you choose to participate in more than one Christmas Giving Program you may become ineligible for participation in Wishing Star’s Program moving forward.
2. By signing up for Wishing Star’s Christmas Giving Program you allow Wishing Star to share your name and contact information with other service providers to verify your registration with only one Christmas Program for the current year.
3. This form DOES NOT GUARANTEE your acceptance to Wishing Star’s Christmas Giving Program. Once your paperwork has been received you will receive a call from a Wishing Star staff member to review your application as well as answer some additional qualifying questions. You will then be notified if you were accepted into the program on or before November 18th 2019.
4. Upon acceptance into the program, you agree to write your sponsor a thank you card before the end of January, 2020. If you need assistance with this please advise the Wishing Star staff.
5. You must remain active with Wishing Star Foundation and agree to further communication and/or a home visit from Wishing Star Foundation staff within the next calendar year.
6. If you have a change of address, phone number or status please contact Wishing Star ASAP to update your file.
7. Failure to maintain communication with Wishing Star Foundation staff when requested and comply with the above rules may jeopardize your participation in the Christmas Giving Program moving forward.
8. You must re‐apply and resubmit this form each year to participate in our Christmas Giving Program.