Position Title: Program Director & Development Associate
Status: Salary, Fulltime Exempt
Salary Range: Dependent on qualifications
Reports To: Executive Director
General Summary: The Program Director & Development Associate is responsible for all aspects of the wish granting process. This position ensures that each child receives a timely and empowering wish, that each child’s family is supported beyond the wish, and accomplishes these and all other tasks while staying with budget. This position is also responsible for managing and developing Beyond the Wish Programs, and cultivating authentic relationships with children and families. Development Associate responsibilities include social media management, creating monthly newsletters, volunteer coordination, assistance with special event planning and implementation, creating marketing materials, external communications, and assistance with fund and donor development.
Work Conditions: General office environment. Work will require sitting for long periods of time, occasional standing and lifting. Lifting requirements are up to 25lbs. Work is generally performed within an office environment with adequate lighting, temperature and office equipment. Some travel outside of the Spokane area and within our service area is required.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and presence, including articulate oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in public relations, special events, fundraising or donor relations.
- Highly effective and collaborative leadership style, experienced in recruiting, leading, and supervising volunteers.
- Flexible work schedule with ability to attend meetings at various times throughout the day and week including weekends, including trips to Tri-Cities and other outlying areas.
- Proficient in numerous software applications, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office, InDesign or desktop publishing software.
- Highly proficient in web based applications, including but not limited to Constant Contact, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Experience in non-profit work environment
Experience in special events and donor relations
Experience working with families and children
Experience in grant writing
Experience leading marketing campaigns
Experience creating and managing programs
Proficiency with QuickBooks
Ability to work independently when necessary
PROGRAM & WISH GRANTING
- Establish and maintains relationship within the medical community to maximize quality referrals.
- Oversees, manages and develops the referral process.
- Manages volunteer wish conductors, pairing them with wish kids and assuring active participation between wish conductors and wish kids.
- With input from wish conductors and the Executive Director, staffs each child’s wish.
- Oversees all contacts and arrangements to grant the wish, working with volunteers, medical care providers and staff as needed.
- Maintains thorough and accurate wish child files. Documents all wish conductor work.
- Reviews wishes with Executive Director regularly to include progress of wishes and referrals, funding needed, and timelines.
- Coordinates the wish program evaluation process.
- Develops and implements events and opportunities for wish families that connect donors, including but not limited to all Beyond the Wish programs.
- Ability to creatively connect with past wish children and families, including recruiting and supporting wish families to participate in Wishing Star fundraisers and events.
- Offsets wish costs through in-kind and cash donations. Our goal is 60% in-kind,40% out-of-pocket
- Procures all Beyond the Wish Program expenses as in-kind items
- Participates in preparation of annual program budget.
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate with Wishing Star Board of Directors including wish updates, wish financial reports and a year-end wish report.
- Provides donor recognition when appropriate.
- Assists ED in maintaining the donor database.
- Develops regional communications & marketing materials.
- Writes and distributes press releases and public service announcements.
- Develops and maintains media relationships for positive media coverage in communities we serve.
- Responsible for working to secure donations for operating expenses and overhead.
- Identify, coordinate, and engage in corporate and private public speaking opportunities.
- Identify stories and ideas for use in communication products including: newsletters, annual report, brochures, posters, cards, and web site.
- Recruits volunteer support for events as needed.
- Represents Wishing Star at information booths, speaking engagements, trade shows and special events as needed.
GRAPHICS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Produces and/or oversees production of newsletters and other publications.
- Coordinates bulk mailings, including newsletters and other mailings as needed.
- Maintains website, including content and design concepts, calendar and chapter updates.
- Updates fax sheets, volunteer forms, etc
Interested Applicants: Please email your resume, cover letter and references to Dan Curley at email@example.com